Sneak and Peek
A downloadable game
Sneak and Peek.
For HTC Vive.
Experimental VR stealth game.
I wanted to create a stealth game, where the player has to physically duck down and peek around corners to sneak past enemies to get to a “finish line.” I want the players to feel scared having to hide, get stressed from hiding, and physically get tired of having to crouch down, and get back up.
Inspired by: Metal Gear Solid - VR Missions.
Controls and explanations in the main menu. Do a full 360 spin to see it all.
- Robots can be out on patrol. If the player is their line of sight, the robot will catch you resulting in mission failure.
- If there are lasers in the level try to avoid them. If you touch one, you will set off an alarm and fail the mission.
- The left controller displays a mini-map that shows an overhead perspective on the level. Also, displays AI visions cones.
- Minimap has a light that can be turned on or off if the player is in a dark area and can't see it.
- A timer is also displayed on the left controller, showing how long you have been in the current level.
- Press and hold the touchpad down to aim where you would like to move to, release to confirm movement.
- This game does not use teleportation locomotion method. Instead, the player accelerates in a straight line towards their destination, creating more tension. Giving a speed bonus to large distance movement, rewarding bold play.
Only tested on my machine:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit(10,0 Build 16299)
Processor: Intel Core i5 4690k
Memory: 32GB RAM
Video card: GeForce GTX 1080
Unity Version: 5.6.2f1
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.